© 2012 Geila Hocherman. All Rights Reserved
This kugel is filled with goodness (you can control the fat – if your child is like mine, however, fat is not an issue. Temperamental and grumpy are two words that come to mind when thinking about the early morning school routine that is looming. One less fight in the morning has been solved by this delicious dairy recipe. Who can resist? Even the angriest teenager can be calmed by this traditional dairy kugel. I like to make it in individual serving sizes so it can be eaten on the run. I can’t claim total originality on this one. I am sure I modified it from somewhere, but it bears repeating. Use low fat versions of the ingredients listed for a lower fat content.
- 1 12 ounce bag of egg noodle- I prefer the fine kind
- 2 7.5 ounces farmer cheese
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1-cup sugar
- 1-tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- Grease a 9×12 baking pan or 2 cupcake tins and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Boil the noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Mix together well in a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer all of the other ingredients until smooth.
- Add the noodles and combine.
- Pour into you baking dish and bake until set (45 minutes for large pan, ½ hour for cupcake size.
Serving suggestion: take individual size from freezer, top with 1 tablespoon jam, and reheat in microwave for 1 minute