© 2012 Geila Hocherman. All Rights Reserved
Fried ice cream? Believe or not, there is such a thing! This is based on a Mexican treat and once you taste, you’ll just want more and more whether it’s Chanukah or any other time.
- Frosted flakes
- Your Choice of nuts
- Your choice of ice cream flavor (formed into balls)
- 1 egg
- sugar to taste
- oil for frying
- dunking chocolate sauce
- Crush some frosted flakes and any nuts, of your choice, in a bag. Cover the ice cream balls with the crushed flakes and nuts. Refreeze.
- Mix egg with sugar. Dunk in the ice cream balls, cover with the frosted flakes and nuts. Refreeze.
- Heat oil to 375 F. Take the covered ice cream balls from freezer. Put a chopstick in each of them and dunk in oil for 15 seconds.
- When ready, dip each ball into some chocolate sauce and… that’s all there is to them!